Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Right off the Bike Path: A Review of Trotters

For lunch, we biked over to Trotter's Cafe on Cleveland just south of Marshall in St. Paul. I've been to Trotter's a couple times before and have always enjoyed my food, but it's located just off my normal biking routes, so I often roll bye and forget that it's really close.


On a staff recommendation, Kate had the "Grilled 232 Focaccia," which has mushrooms, red onions, roma tomatoes, smoked basil gouda and sprouts. I had a bite and it was warm and delicious. Kate gave it a thumbs up, but did offer a small critique that the bread was a little too soft.

I had a 1/2 turkey sandwich and the Lemon Israeli Couscous Spinach salad. The sandwich was standard, but the salad was outstanding. The lemon added a bright flavor and the addition of golden raisins gave the otherwise savory salad a nice sweetness. We've been making a lot of couscous salads recently and this one has inspired me to explore some new recipes.


Our coupons got us each 25% off an item. Total savings: $3.75

Definitely recommend Trotter's if you're in Merriam Park and looking for a lite lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment